Andrea Appapillai, Psy.D.
Dr. Appapillai is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist with special expertise in the field of pediatric psychology, which is dedicated to addressing the numerous behavioral, emotional, social, and environmental factors that impact health and medical care. In addition to treating depressive and anxiety disorders, she has extensive experience providing evidence‑based behavioral and cognitive‑behavioral therapy to children and adolescents with a range of medical and general mental health concerns. She is particularly invested in helping people with chronic, complex medical diagnoses cope with their illnesses, cooperate with their medical treatment, manage their pain, and improve health‑related behaviors. Dr. Appapillai's approach to care is collaborative and she strives to enhance communication with all other professionals involved in your or your child's care.
- Individual psychotherapy using behavioral therapy and CBT for children, adolescents, and young adults with a range of clinical issues
- Psychotherapy for chronic pain and management of chronic medical conditions
- Licensed in Clinical Psychology
- Azuza Pacific University (Psy.D.)
- Kennedy Krieger Institute / Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Pre‑doctoral Internship & Post-doctoral Fellowship)
- Worked at Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego, City of Hope, and Children's Hospital Orange County (CHOC)
- Specialized training in Applied Behavior Analysis